I have been very fortunate in my career to travel all over the world and enjoy the many cultures and local traditions of the countries I have visited. I also have had the opportunity to travel aboard some of the most beautiful ships in the world, a travel method that I really enjoy.
I recently took two South Pacific cruises, one 22 days and more recently a 30-day cruise. Both ships were fantastic, but very different.
The first cruise I took was a sailing aboard the Pacific Princess from Papeete to Los Angeles. I like to call this ship my little gem as she is the smallest of all the ships in the Princess fleet. The ship was beautiful with decor that was elegant, but not over the top.
I can tell you from experience 6 reasons you may want to cruise on this ship.
- Size: the ship is boutique in nature and you really get the feeling you're sailing on a large yacht.
- Service: the service is over the top; you are waited on with smiles from the staff and nothing that you ask for seems to phase them. It’s simply done.
- Ease: getting on and off the ship in the ports was simple and easy, with no lines at all.
- Cuisine: the food was awesome and we had no problems getting a reservation at the specialty restaurants.
- Cabin: we had a balcony cabin and the service from our steward was over the top. We enjoyed the 24-hour room service with no waiting and the meals were hot.
- Social: I enjoyed this ship because you really have the chance to meet new friends and I have kept in touch with them still.